Tuesday, December 21, 2010

IF...

If I had known how much I'd love you
If I had known how much fun we'd have
I would've gotten to know you sooner
Maybe we would've made it last

If I had known it was the last time
If I had known I'd never see you again
I would've hugged you longer
I would've told you how I felt back then

If you had known how much I'd think of you
If you had known how hard I'd fall
Would you have made all those false promises
Like telling me you'd call?

If you knew how much you mean to me
If you knew how much I cry
Would you still leave me in the dark?
Would you still leave me with no goodbye?

If I could see you again
If I could have one more chance
I'd make sure you knew my heart
I'd make sure we had a dance

But there's nothing that I can do
Though I wish I could turn back time
So I could hold you in my arms
Instead of only in my mind

I didn't know you'd hurt me so badly
I didn't know you'd leave me feeling so alone
I wonder if I'd have loved you all the same
even If I Had Known...

No comments:

Post a Comment